Friday, February 4, 2011

January funnies

Jan 7--Ryn was teaching Elle and Eden how to fly in outer space. "You've got to 'hand fly' so you won't get lost. This is hand flying--when you hold somebody's hand." Sweet Ryn, keeping everyone safe and together, even in outer space.

Jan 14--Eden (let's remember she's not even 2 yet) asked me, "Mommy, I Daddy's pack-pack?" She wanted to play a game on Kev's Ipad!!

Jan 16--We have a family cheer where we all put our hands in the middle of the circle and raise them together with a loud "ENSEMBLE!", which means 'together' in French. (Think Saturday's Warrior "pulling together we can work it out...." :) ) Lately Ryn has started to really stress it with Elle and Eden. Whenever they're all around the table, she'll lean in, put her hand out and ask, "Who's with me?" Elle and Eden will put their little hands on top of hers, responding enthusiastically, "I am!" "I am!" and then they all chime in, "ENSEMBLE!" It's great to see them so united. If they can only stay that way, all will be well. Even if Kev and I aren't around, they will have each other, and that is a huge blessing. After taking so long to finally get Ryn, we prayed so hard that we could at least have one more child so that she wouldn't be alone. Hearing their little voices 'ensemble' is our dream come true.

Jan 23--Elle was crying some angry tears at mealtime. (quelle surprise :) ) I asked her why she was crying and she said it was because she felt the Holy Ghost (whenever they see me crying that's usually the happy reason for my tears). As she said the words I could see in her twinkly eyes that she knew that what she was saying wasn't true. Just to make sure, I told her that feeling the Holy Ghost never makes us angry. She thought for a minute and then said, "Shh! I hear something talking in my heart! It's the Holy Ghost!" Then she leaned over to whisper in my ear, "He's telling me to repent." She sat back up, tapped her little chin for a second while deliberating, and then resolved with a smile, "OK, I'll repent." It's moments like that when I know Elle is going to be OK. She is definitely our free spirit, but she's getting it. Is there anything better than being a parent?!

Jan 27--Elle was having some digestion problems and a painful day in the bathroom. I asked her if she thought she could be brave. She said, "Remember we read about Joseph Smith's leg last night?" "Yes, are you going to be brave like he was?" (I'm thinking--how great! scripture study's paying off!) "No! I'm not a prophet! I'm just a little princess!" :) Well, at least she's remembering the stories even if she's not ready to apply them to herself yet.

Jan 31--I had to take Ryn to the ENT so she could be checked out to get tubes. The exam chair was huge. She climbed up, rested her arms on the arm rests and flashed an excited smile at me, "I'm like the queen!"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

These are so cute. I love Elle. She is funny. Wish I could get a little dose of her face every day. I think Mia is going to have the front tooth gap like her. It comes with spice.