Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Goodly parents


Thinking about my parents today and how much they do, and have always done, for me... I remembered Elder Holland's wonderful talk in conference about the great sacrifices his parents had made during and after his mission so he could serve without worrying and then get started on his dreams when he got home.

"To you, Mom and Dad, and to all the moms and dads and families and faithful people everywhere, I thank you for sacrificing for your children (and for other people's children!), for wanting so much to give them advantages you never had, for wanting so much to give them the happiest life you could provide...."

Saying 'thank you' seems so insignificant, so insufficient. But I'll say it anyway. Thank you. I'm so thankful I get to be a parent so I can hopefully do and give my all to these children in the same way. I hope my entire life will show my gratitude to you and to Heavenly Father for giving me the chance to be your daughter.

Mom and Dad, "...seeing your example, I pledge anew my determination to be better, to be more faithful--more kind and devoted, more charitable and true as our Heavenly Father is and as...you already are."
I love you.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Amen, I feel so lucky to have your parents in my life! And what a great looking couple! That is such a cute picture.