Thursday, November 8, 2007

Writers blog :)


Yes,I do admit that my postings are far from regular. The problem with me is that during the week all these adorable things happen or we have some fun news and by the time I get around to typing up an entry I forget everything I wanted to write about. So I am going to try and be better about being more regular, to keep everyone in the mix and also for my own sanity.
This past week has been a rollercoaster of stress and excitement. We decided to go ahead and get our tickets to go to Brasil for Christmas. The problem was that we had totally spaced it and forgot that we needed visas. The visas are 100 euros per person(kids too). But the major concern was that we had to get our visas here at the consulate in Paris, but in France they require you to have a current resident visa. Well ours must be renewed next week and we were worried that they would not accept ours because in France everything takes so stinking long. Anyway to make a long story short, we woke up early tuesday morning and drove up to Paris and turned in our request and they told us everything was good and to pick them up in one week!!!! Woo Hoo! We are going to Brazil for Christmas!!! We are so excited we can't stand it. The girls will get to spend some quality time with Grandma/Grandpa Ellis, Em,Spence and Rae and we even get to see Rob and Christa too!!!! YEAH! We leave Dec 10th, go through Milan and come home Dec 31st.
Now for the weekly Linkous girls update--We will start with my 1st angel-Kit was asked to speak in stake conference and will be talking about "Overcoming adversity". I like to think that I have not given her any experiences for her talk but we will see:) Kit is sooooo excited for Bresil(don't get me wrong we all are) that she gets giddy at the most random times, she'll just start squeaking and saying ,"I can't believe it's done, we finally got the tickets and are going to be with my family for Christmas". It did take awhile for everything to come about and it wasn't until Kit was talking to Mr. Robert K. Ellis (future supreme court judge) about Christa's lost purse that we realized we needed VISAS!!! We barely got it done in time, so now it's official.
Ryn has been her usual adorable self. We have been enjoying the park, working on her alphabet(she knows most of her letters and keeps us laughing when she says the sound of each letter, especially W and V) and of course wearing skirts and working on her golf swing. Here are a couple of video clips.[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Sa-cCUwZg]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsxTvbyzX4]
Elle is growing more and more everyday if not in leaps and bounds sizewise, her personality is exploding. She LOVES giggling and lights up when you talk to her in a high silky johnny cat voice.We can't wait for everyone in Brasil to be able to spend some time with her, she is changing so much.She does the most adorable coos and ahs.
For me ,we won 94-69 on Saturday so we are now in 6th place I finished with 25pts. This saturday we play the 1st place team they are 7-0 so hopefully we can fly under the radar and steal one from them. We invited this sweet man from our ward to our house for dinner on Sunday. His wife just past away and he is very sad. He loves our girls and they are soooo sweet with him. He was my branch president in Niort when I was on my mission(small world huh). I am just so thankful everyday for the opportunity that I have to spend all this time with my 3 girls and make memories with them. When I leave for practice Ryn usually is standing at our glass door with her hands on the glass saying," Daddy Work". I hate to leave and I go play basketball! They are just so yummy!!!

No comments: