Friday, November 30, 2007

Proud Pappa---Say Cheese

I know I am just a proud Daddy but I must say my little angels are soooo adorable! Ryn’s vocabulary is exploding, both French and English. Today we were at the grocery store and she was standing in the cart as we were zipping around. We went down the juice aisle and she just started saying ” bonjour” over and over again to everyone we passed. She was soo cute, she melted everyone. And just the other day Ryn and I headed out to get some bread at the Boulangerie( It’s just 30 steps from our house:), it had just rained so we decided to do some puddle hopping. As we were doing so I started counting out-loud as we stomped in each puddle and as I said 1, she said 2, and so on all the way to 10. Yep I must brag because she already knows her alphabet and when we drive around town she’ll rattle off the letters she sees on the signs. I didn’t even know that she could count like that, I’m so proud(if you can’t tell ha ha). All this is of course thanks to a great Mommy that spends a lot of time with her, reading, counting and practicing her letters and playing fun games with her that keeps her giggling all day long.
Elle on the other hand is having a very hard time right now with what we are guessing is her teeth coming in. She will be totally fine and then all of a sudden break into this blood curdling scream. It’s so sad because she is so sweet and even though she is in pain she will still warm your heart with the cutest smile ever. I LOVE her smiles and her big twinkling eyes and yes, both my girls endure countless kisses. I just I can’t help myself:)Last night I stayed up with Elle til 4:45am and was dead tired so Kit let me sleep in as she fed the girls and got them dressed. When I woke up we had a special visitor come to our door, one that we’ve been waiting for for a longtime-(with the sweet strike that was going on here, we were notified that the camera was at customs at the Roissy airport). You see our very good friend Michelle is big into photography and very good (if you would like to see what I mean please visit http://thebelovedchild.com/index.html she does all her own photography and most of the pictures are of her very cute kids)Anyway she is like a big sister to us and she’s the kind of person that when she finds something she loves, she wants to share it with everyone and so in this spirit she decided to loan us her sweet Canon digital camera. She had just upgraded and we were asking some questions about camera’s when she thought “I will just send them this one”!!!!!! I was so excited. For the longest time I have been a wannabe photographer, just ask Kit about our trips to Holland to see the tulips and of course since we have had our girls all I can think about is –How do I capture this moment?—– Well thanks to Michelle we will have some very good (high quality) memories. Thank you Thank you Thank you! If you can’t tell I am excited in fact I read practically the whole manual online today to get acquainted with all the features of the camera. So come my next entry be prepared for some stellar photos–ha ha yeah right I am still a novice! But thank you again we will make you proud!
To the hard-court—Unfortunately we are in a bad decline right now because of the lame-O government. Let me explain- In order for me to play(work) in France I must be cleared by what is in a way the city hall for this region of France. Anyway it is sooooo slow and so ridiculous, (they love their little power trips) so I was not cleared to play by the French Basketball Federation because of the hold up at this place of my work visa. A lot of times your file lands on the desk of someone who is not very fond of payed pro players and so they will take forever. Because of this I missed last game and we got killed and then I will miss tomorrows game as well. Two losses in a row really hurts and we only have one more after that before the big one month Christmas break when we head down to Brazil.
Below are a string of cute videos of the girls please enjoy–The 1st is of Ryn telling me about the pictures of Jesus in her room- The 2nd is of Ryn singing with her microphone– And the 3rd is of play-dough time with Mommy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BuLn0GuOFU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRtRtvXNXzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvHoD0k5eg

No comments: