Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving list


In Kit’s family they have a Thanksgiving tradition that we have adopted. We watch “SCROOGE”(Albert Finney musical version–soo good I cry every stinkin year) and before the big meal we go around the table and list the things from that year we are thankful for.
Thanksgiving is really close to being my favorite holiday of the year. I love the food, family and the fact that this is when the Christmas season officially kicks off. The football and basketball going on are just bonuses:)
The Food: My moms cornbread stuffing is devine- the mashed potatoes, olives, vegetables, and one can’t forget the oh so good Tom fruitsalad and also the pomegranate salad all to be washed down with the famous Linkous punch. The pies are so yummy too at our house it’s pretty simple pumpkin and apple although I do love a pear pie that Kit’s mom introduced us to. Much the same as apple pie but with pears instead of apples. YUMMY! And of course one of the greatest things about thanksgiving is the leftovers ….mmmm!
Family: I love this holiday for the simple fact of being with family. When I was younger we always used to go to Vegas to celebrate with my moms sister and her kids. But just hanging out, playing games(pool), shooting hoops and throwing the football, watching some games on T.V, and enjoying the great food together. It’s such a warm holiday feeling, with the weather getting colder outside . We also take this time to get some good Christmas shopping done, and since I love to shop it’s very fun. I LOVE when my mom breaks out all her amazing Christmas decorations. She turns the house into a magical place and I can’t wait for our girls to be able to share in this. I remember spending hours helping her set up the christmas village and tree(if you have not yet ever seen one of her Christmas trees, they are a sight to behold she actually hangs statues in the tree!)
As for my Thanksgiving list–(in no particular order)
1.A healthy beautiful Family 2.My adorable little angels 3. A great start to the season 31pts/game 4. getting to go to Brazil for Christmas 5.The chance to serve in this great Ward 6. To have the sweet example every year that my wife is to me and my daughters 7. St Moret cheese and good French bread 8. My Slingbox 8. My good family and their loving support, ALWAYS 9. chocolate mmm 10. Great friends and the part they play in our lives 11. The amazingly generous and oh so awesome loaner from Michelle and Erik :)12. Having a knowledge and testimony of my Father in heaven, His Son and His gospel. 13. This job that I have which allows me so much precious time seeing my girls grow and having them really know me, and not missing out on anything they do. 14. I am thankful for being thankful
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: