Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Definition of insanity


This past weekend we had a LONG road trip . We played near Mont de Marsan, which was in our mission. This is a game we needed to win and didn’t. This is where the definition of insanity comes into play. “Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. I also love one of the great quotes from Kit’s days in the bookfield- “If you always do what you’ve always done you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten”. I bring this up why? Well our team feels that if we keep playing the same way we have been (which has not been very smart) but just play harder , then we will “poof” become better. I have been saying over and over again since day one here that we need to be doing alot more. Not necessarily more BIG things but more LITTLE things. Anyway I am just venting here, the result of our game was 101-86. I finished with 48pts, was 7/11 from 3pt range and worked my buns off getting to the rim for a lot of and ones. But all for not since we didn’t win. I just hope that something good will come of this loss, such as maybe going to the guy that has either the hot hand or a mismatch (me most of the time as I am alot bigger than most of the guys that guard me). Not to mention that I am already the focal point of the other teams’ defense so if the team runs things through me I can even be used as a decoy to free up my teammates. I don’t care about the points if a win doesn’t come with. It feels nice and does alot for my confidence as I get older ( knowing I can still do it) but if my own team doesn’t appreciate my efforts and use me for the reasons they brought me here (to win) then there is really not a whole lot I can do. Kit wants to be our coach and believe it or not she would be very good. After 7 years playing pro ball here in France she has a very good understanding of the game and sees ALOT. Especially when I don’t play well she is sweet enough to remind me of the areas I need to work on and I love her for that! Like Renee says in -Jerry McGuire- “YOU COMPLETE ME” and she does in every-way (Kit, not Renee:) Enough bout that though, we play the last place team this saturday so we SHOULD get back on track.
As for my lovely family Kit has already been working her magic of love and service amongst the sisters here as she dives in head first with her new calling as Relief Society President. She is so thoughtful and such a hard worker when it comes to giving her best to the Lord and those she serves. We talked alot as she started to put her ideas in motion. She expressed her feelings of inadequacy and ” why in the world does everyone else think I will be great”? I find it so amazing how we so often sell ourselves short. We have been blessed with so many things through the gospel, our families and good friends. Through our experiences as missionaries, children, siblings and parents there really should be nothing that can stand in our way of succeeding except US, individually. I do it all the time in basketball. Sometimes I become negative and get down on myself when things don’t go the right way. Or as parents when we do all that we can to teach our children what is good and true and sometimes it doesn’t always stick- we automatically think, “where did I go wrong”?
This last conference was so awesome for combating all this– Elder Eyrings talks were both so powerful. Elder Costa’s talk about never missing opportunities to express love for those around us, Kit and I loved when he would say with his accent - “give a hug and a kisses” so cute! We need to always remember how much we are loved and how we can accomplish anything with the Lord on our side.
Ryn and Elle are shakers and bakers. Elle was recently introduced to the new world of legumes and “Elmers” cereal. Are you kidding me you could use this stuff (rice cereal) as mortar and build an impenetrable fortress. I almost cut myself on some dried cereal that was on her bib. She is adjusting now and we think she might actually start growing now. Her personality is really starting to show and she is quite the giggle happy child. Don’t get me wrong the Jungle Puma still possesses her body every-now and then.
Ryn is still just as cute as ever. Always has to have a dancing skirt on and must be fully “asessorized” with her bracelet,necklace, and of course the purse. She loves to giggle at the dinner table and we have started the family giggle session every-night after she finishes her milk she starts forcing out these giggles and won’t stop until we all join in. We sound like a bunch of drunk hyenas. Elle of course looks around with her birdy face startled at first and then starts giggling uncontrollably. We have so much fun together and love this time together. Below is a clip of Elle giggling please enjoy!

No comments: