Sunday, October 7, 2007

Life as Dad

This has been a great week lots and lots of time together as family. I seriously don’t know how Dads can leave their families every morning to go to work? I am going to have a tough time adjusting when we come home to real life. I just love every aspect of being at home with Kit and my two girls.
Right now my favorite thing is getting Ryn when she wakes up in the morning. She has become so attached to this little Cinderella princess purse (please see video clip above) that my Mom got her for this Christmas (sorry mom she discovered it in our crazy unpacking session and wont’ part with it) that she, upon seeing it in the morning sitting next to her crib, immediately starts up a conversation with it. And when we come through the door she gives us a big ” Hi Dad or Hi Mom” and then points and says ” da purse, da purse”. We think somewhere along the line we are related to the fantasy island guy. Anyway we usually trade days but I love going downstairs with Ryn while Kit and Elle sleep and get her breakfast and then we curl up on the couch together and watch Little Einsteins. The other day we went for an early morning tricycle ride to say good morning to her friends the cows and encountered a swarm of orange and purple butterflies. Ryn was going nuts she could barely even breath running around pointing and saying “butter-FLIES” and saying “awesome”.
She has also really exploded in her learning recognizing letters like m,z,o,s and her colors as well. She really loves to learn and spending all this time with her I can really appreciate the awesome responsibility it is to teach them. They are sponges and constantly learning from us. Kit and I noticed the other day that Ryn was doing this frustrated growl/sigh thing when she would drop something and realized that she learned that from us, we make that sound often when we are frustrated!
But I truly do love being around them all the time and hope that they love having me around too! Whenever Ryn hears me coming down the stairs she takes off running to Kit saying “Oh no Oh no” because she knows I am going to tickle her and do kissyface. We just are so blessed to have them in our lives. President Eyring spoke of writing down everyday the ways that the Lord has blessed us or our family. This blog really has given me that opportunity to put my feelings down somewhere. Although it is not very hard to think of how the Lord has blessed us when we have these two sweet girls with us all day long. Of course there are so many ways that He touches our lives everyday, but having children really helps me not get to caught up in “grown-up things” so that I can always remember that I am still a child needing to learn just as much as my children everyday. I only have years and experience on them but they help me keep things simple and it is when things are simple that we can appreciate the -butterflies-the flowers-tickletime and kissyface and be able to be constantly reminded of our Heavenly Fathers love for each one of us.

No comments: