Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I love my life

Just a couple of glimpses into my day today that show so clearly why I absolutely love my life. One is Elle showing us how Ariel was folding her arms during family prayer. The other is all four of my angels climbing onto the futon with their own books to read while I cleaned up after breakfast. I didn't get a shot of Kevin cleaning out the garage or checking off my honey-do list in record time, but in so many different ways he showed me how much he loves me.
I can't even count how many times my heart melted today as I watched each of them learning and growing and teaching and loving each other.
I get so frustrated with myself when I lose my patience or over-react to the tiniest things. And being pregnant only makes my fuse shorter. :(. I love these people more than life itself. How can I waste even one moment that I have with them? A sad example happened one night a few weeks ago at bedtime. I cant even remember why I was annoyed. Most likely, someone wasn't moving quickly enough through the teeth-brushing/potty assembly line. Whatever the trigger, I didn't do a very good job at keeping my outward cool because Ryn looked at me and anxiously asked, "mom, is this the worst day of your life?".
So my Official Pioneer Day resolution: SHOW them how much I love my life. And how they ARE my life. In every reaction to the millions of little frustrations and changes to plans and messes to clean up and challenges, show them that THEY are more important than anything else. I'll have to return and report often to stay on track because I am human and pregnant, but I am committed, and thankfully, I am able "to begin again". So this story will end on "a note of hope, on a strong amen..".

No comments: