Sunday, July 29, 2012

A couple of funnies from July

I have seriously slacked off in keeping track of the kids' funny comments lately.  :( 
Here are a couple I wrote down one Saturday in July. 

Eden wasn't very happy about cleaning up the playroom and the bigger girls were hinting that she was acting like a baby because she wouldn't help.  She came crying to me, "I'm NOT a baby!" 

"Great!" I said.  "That means you can work!  :)" 

"No.  I'm a princess.  Princesses don't work."

....so we talked about how the really great princesses know how to work and are cheerful doing it. 

Something must have sunk in, because a little while later I heard Eden bringing Ryn into the area where she had been working.  "I cleaned it all up!" she crowed. 

Ryn's response made my heart smile.  "If you are really telling the truth I'm just going to HUG you!" 

No comments: