Thursday, May 13, 2010

To my girls,

I want you to know about the happy things we did today. I want you to know how you fill me with joy every single day.

Ryn, today I loved watching you laugh and become instant friends with the kids at the park--a 6 year old boy and 2 younger girls. Heavenly Father has given you a gift for loving people. They are immediately drawn in by your uncontainable happiness (you have so much, you're constantly jumping up and down for the sheer joy of life). I loved watching your satisfaction as you learned more about reading, and I loved hearing you sing "Sur le pont d'Avignon" with me as we taught Bryn.

Elle, today I loved your excitement when you figured out how to pedal. "I'm doing it, Mom!!!" I also loved seeing how obedient you are becoming--going down for your nap, eating your food, and patiently waiting for the things you want so badly like movies and suckers :). I love what a sweet big sister you are to Eden, always giving her hugs and talking in your high, sweet voice. I loved hearing you encourage and support Ryn, too--"Great job, Ryn!" And I loved feeling your tiny, strong arms squeezing my neck as I held you--after your nap, especially.

Eden, today I loved watching you dance, swinging your hips from side to side, as you played our little keyboard. I loved your scrunched-nose smile, and how proud and big you feel when you sit up at the table with us (instead of in your high chair). I loved that you wanted to go in and help me get Elle when she woke up from her nap and how you hugged and kissed her awake. I loved holding you and having a serious conversation with you as we watched Ryn and Elle play outside.

All of you, I loved hearing your uncontrollable giggles at dinner over who-knows-what and seeing your reverence as we read scriptures and prayed tonight.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love the letter format of this. Your girls will treasure this some day.