Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

We are so thankful for the incredible mothers and grandmothers we have been blessed with. The longer I work at being the best mother I can be, the more I admire, love and thank Heavenly Father for these amazing women. Here is the painting we had a ball creating (Eden was giggling the whole time as I brushed paint onto her tiny hands)....

Photobucket

and the song Ryn and Elle sang for Mama KK, (great-) Grandma Turtle, Grandma (Carma), (great-) Grandma Nora/Johnson, and (great-) Grandma Linkous--we did lots of takes, trying for as much audible participation as possible. Here are the best 2, even though Elle's trying to "wash" her hands through most of the second :):



I love being the mother of these girls!!!!! (Even when they're not thrilled about taking a picture after 3 hours of church :)) They teach me so much every minute of every day. What an honor to be the one to guide them and help them become who the Lord needs them to be. And I love the sweet man who shares this amazing ride with me as their father. For this one day alone, he filled every window of our kitchen/living room with hanging flower baskets, fed, changed and took care of the girls so I could beat my entire family in online Settlers and talk to my mom after church, made nutella and cream cheese french toast this morning and his signature grilled salmon for dinner. Yes, I'm one happy Mama!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you finished the dresses! we need to get together. these posts just make us miss you.

Natalie said...

Kit, you look so beautiful in that picture. Oh we miss those little ladies. :) Way to go Kev. Hanging flower baskets? Are you on a horse?