Thursday, February 11, 2010

kicking back

Kevin had ankle surgery last Wednesday. Everything went well and the anticipated 75 minute surgery only took 45. Post-op, it has been a long week of hopping "like a bunny" (said Elle when she saw him trying to move around), painful crawling on all fours, and bruising the heels of his hands on his crutches. But it has also been a week of heavenly cuddle naps with his girls and appreciated extra help for me :). I've been able to run almost every day, I've had the car to make easy quick runs to the store alone or take the girls out, and the bottom line: everything and everyone is better when Kevin is around. Period. There's a reason some anonymous mom wrote the well-loved children's primary song.... "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home". He has his appointment tomorrow for a walking boot and then it's back to work and back to waiting for Daddy's homecoming each evening, glad as we can be.

2 comments:

Kit Linkous said...

Thanks Honey- I LOVE being home, it definately reminds me of the enormous blessing it was to be able to spend all day with you and the girls in France. That was awesome! Slepping in, and then waking up and asking the question," Where should we go today, and what should we see?" Those were the good'ol days. I love you and thank you for making our home so wonderful and for caring for such a big baby while I rehabbed! Je t'aime!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you. I LOVE it when Erik is home.

These are adorable photos.

We need to talk about gelato on Sunday...