Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Proud Papa, Amazed Husband!

So here we are ----4 yrs ago the Dr's both here and in France were telling us to basically plan on adopting because Kit's "environment" was inhospitable and my boys needed a lot more than a life raft to get to were they needed to go! And after blessed Ryn opened the door we now are enjoying the miracle bliss of a new beautiful, chunky sleeping angel girl.
Eden Taylor Linkous was born Friday the 6th of February at 9:46 am. A healthy, exquisite 9lbs 20.5 in long.I will let Kit give more of the actual labor and birth details but I would like to share some of my fatherly/husbandly perspectives.
First of all, my wife is amazing. Not only is she beautiful and talented and sweet and generous (and has excellent taste in men:) but she has the strength and patience of 10 women. Thursday night I was supposed to coach our Y/M ward basketball game. Kit was between 5-10 minutes with contractions and so I thought I would call someone to cover for me. She said just go and coach them and then we can go to the hospital. I said okay, your the boss ( for all you men out there, if you haven't embraced this concept in everyday life, trust me,,,, embrace it whole heartedly during pregnancy)
When I got home we headed off to St Marks, where they informed us that we would need to do some laps around the hospital to help Eden come, 2hrs to be exact. My feet were aching after a while and there was my dear Kit as pregnant as can be bookin it and never complaining. I imagine that after 8 yrs of waiting to not just be a mother but to be able to know what it felt like to go through the whole bonding experience of being pregnant, she was not going to complain.
When Eden was born, in fact with each one of our sweet babies I have been amazed at the love and admiration I have for Kit and for her role in our Heavenly Fathers plan of bringing these spirits into this world. For her ability to teach, love, and care for them (and me, sometimes the biggest baby of the three:) she is amazing!! I am blessed!


Photobucket
The happy before photo's!
Photobucket
Isn't she breathtaking!
Photobucket
And Again!
Photobucket
Hospital marathon, for 2 hrs.
Photobucket
Here is EDEN!
Photobucket
Our best friend Michelle said it best...............
Photobucket
If your name is Eden you have to have your 1st pictures in the Garden Grandma Linkous created!
Photobucket
Need you even ask who captured this adorable moment? Yep you guessed right.............
Photobucket
The gifted,talented eye of Michelle....thanks for these amazing memories! Michelle and sweet Mary with Eden.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Claudia here, your fellow Texan friend via M.L. May I be the first to blog- CONGRATULATIONS! What an angel baby. When I saw the pictures on Michelle's blog I didn't think for a second she had just been born. She looks so plump and yummy. Beautiful pictures. Can't wait to see her and hold her in real life. Blessed indeed!

Anonymous said...

Eden is even more delicious is person. I have lots lots more picture to send you but get ready for a marathon photo session on Saturday!

LOVE YOU!

Natalie said...

I love the pictures of you two in the snowy orchard. Kit, you look so beautiful, your hair is perfect, and you are so thin, all belly! :) Love you guys.