Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Life's a song and dance :)

A few little joys of life with girls include the huge amounts of singing and dancing that go on constantly. Last night Ryn was setting the table and, in between each placement of a fork or a spoon, she would do a graceful leap to the next spot with arms outstretched. I was too slow to get the video going in time, but maybe we'll see that again :). And right now, as I'm typing this, she is reading me a story and, in between each page, she is standing up and twirling the book around.

Elle was giving her Ward Tour on Sunday in the halls at church. She slept during Sacrament Meeting and was unhappy and unwilling to go to nursery when she woke up. Kevin had her out in the hall to calm her down and she saw the Primary's bulletin board display on temples. Immediately, she started singing "I Love to See the Temple" and a few sisters were within hearing distance and started a crowd. With every new person that stopped to listen, Elle would oblige them by starting over and then end each rendition with a curtsy. It is a pretty funny sight to see such a tiny little thing singing full songs, completely on key. No worries about stage fright, either. She eats up that spotlight. :) But she also doesn't mind sharing it--often in the middle of any song she's singing she will pause and launch the invitation, "Sing with me!"

Another cute moment was the first lunch time that we had together, just us 4 girls. I had Eden in her bouncy seat up on the table where she could see Ryn, Elle, and I. As we started to say the prayer, Ryn explained what Eden needed to do in her cute Mommy voice, "Eden, when we say the prayer, you need to fold your arms and close your eyes."

And last night, Elle and I were lying down on the couch, reading books. I sat up to go help with dinner and she said in her most commanding 21-month-old manner, "Hey! Come back here!"

And so I greet each busy, non-stop day with these songs in my heart :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your sweet girls-- I'm missing you! Let's get together this weekend.

Natalie said...

What a wonderfully, busy, non-stop life! I love these sweet stories. Love you!