Wednesday, November 2, 2011

August, September AND October funnies....not funny that I'm so behind

A few favorite vocabulary words--
taste bugs (Elle)
wep wipes (all 3 girls)
pat-er-ryn (pattern--Ryn)
Aug 4--We only let the kids have juice at breakfast or they would be drinking it all day long. Elle tried to teach Eden that water is good for us. Eden didn't really care about the health benefits: Juice makes me HAPPY! And only water makes me sad.
Aug 14--Elle was locked out of some room by Ryn and Eden and shouted, "Let me in, you cowards!"
Aug 16--Elle spilled something at one of our meals and started shaking her head, "It just didn't work out so good."
Aug 18--Ryn was upset with something Elle had done with her stuff and wasn't being very nice about it. I reminded her again that people are more important than things and Elle chimed in, "and I'm a people!"
Aug 25--Sometimes the pure sweetness of these kids just makes me cry. Every meal time is a race to see who can finish first--really just an attempt at getting Elle to finish eating in anything less than an hour. Ryn, who eats like an Ellis, is always done at least 30 minutes before Elle and often before she even gets started. Even though Elle knows what she needs to do to beat Ryn--just keep eating--and has succeeded before, she still gets sad when Ryn repeatedly wins the "race". On this morning, as Ryn was about to take her last bites, she whispered to me, "I'm going to have more cereal so Elle can beat me."
Aug 27--Getting ready for bed, Ryn and Elle had to teach me some specifics of being naked. SUPER naked is when you don't have anything on. Naked is when you're just down to your skivvy's.
Aug 31--Darren is continuously surrounded by loving big sisters. As Elle admired how cute he is, she must have said she wanted to marry him because Eden exclaimed, "You can't marry him! That's not a prince--that's Darren!" And Ryn came up with a term that describes Darren's predicament more often than not--"girl trapped"--when you have girls on all sides.
This was Ryn's first week of school and every day we keenly felt her absence. Eden would hug her tightly and tell her, "Ryn, I misted you!"
Sept 1--We often have talks about words that we don't say in our family. Idiot is one of them. Unfortunately, Kevin sometimes lets this one slip when someone offends him on the road. Elle called him on it and Ryn turned and explained, "We can only say idiot in the car with Daddy."
Sept 2--We are quickly learning that the bus is a dangerous place for innocent little girls. Ryn came home and said, "A boy on the bus asked me to marry him!" Kit: "What is his name?" Ryn: "I don't know." Kit: "You can't marry someone without knowing his name." Ryn: "OK, I'll find out his name next time."
Sept 4--It was a rare lazy Saturday morning and our whole little family was snuggling under a blanket together. Heaven. Then Ryn smiled at me and told me my breath was stinky. In the kitchen, hours later, Elle--our resident blood hound, announced, "I smell something stinky." Ryn called out from her coloring, "It's just Mom's breath."
Sept 29--Elle's prayers have been wonderful lately. "Please help Daddy get the money. Please help no one to be sick--the people we know and the people we don't know. Please help Mommy and Daddy to stay in their beds and not to sneak out to the gym. Please help Mommy not to forget things."
Oct 14--Mom was in Texas helping Rob and Christa with their new twins and so we invited Dad over for dinner. When we told the girls he was coming, Ryn asked, "Is Papa Stan going to play with us?" Kevin and I just looked at each other and smiled. We love you, Dad!
Oct 17--Eden is just so adorable right now. I had to write down a few of my favorite words she's saying, and all three of these I just happen to hear every time I help her in the bathroom.
Tow-yet (toilet)
Gank you, Mommy!
a big SKINKY
Oct 20--I was eating a treat while I was making dinner (the girls always have to wait until after they finish eating) and Ryn called me on it. "Why can you do whatever you want?" What was so funny to me was that she said it with no anger or resentment or sarcasm. It was just a simple question. Something she'd been wondering about. She didn't even ask if she could have a treat, too.
Oct 28--I was driving and Kevin leaned over and put his head on my shoulder while we were all in the car together. Ryn's comment from the back seat of the van reminded us why we're not liking the bus very much and prompted a very serious discussion when we got home. "That's what Ryan does to me on the bus." !?@#$@#%@$%!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So that's what the gym is for. I get it now.