Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tickle, tickle, tickle

We're so far behind it's not even funny--Easter, Mom and Dad's visit during Conference, Matt and Nat and Rae's visits and more--, but I do have big plans for catching up here in the next couple of days since the dresses are done and our house feels so empty with Rae, Matt, Nat, Sam, Ethan and Mia leaving us :(. Until we get to all those fun pics and posts, how about a few March funnies and a little tickle from Eden?

Just for the record, we don't have as many funnies for March because we were sick almost the entire month which didn't put me in a really good funny-catching mood. Fortunately, Ryn is feeling completely healthy and hasn't had any more arthritis swelling or pain since the initial testing phase (part of our afore-mentioned March Madness). We will have a follow-up appointment soon to see where we go from here...

March 2--Ryn and Elle had been playing with their dolls in my room and we needed to migrate somewhere else in the house. K: "Get your guys and lets go." Elle, holding up her baby: "Mom, this is a girl. Don't call her a guy!"

March 5--I explained to Elle that a toy wasn't working because the battery was dead. She asked, "Who killed the battery?"

This one isn't really funny--it actually made me cry. Elle said, again, that she wanted to be a bad guy and Ryn really tried to make things clear for her. "Heavenly Father doesn't want us to be bad guys. If we choose the right then we can be His friends! like disciples!" The excitement in her voice at the thought of being Heavenly Father's friend through obedience was one of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard.

March 6--Another Ryn moment, "I'm so excited to have a kid!"

March 7--This was an all-time classic from Elle. Tom had asked the girls to sing "I Know that My Savior Loves Me" in the High Priests class he was teaching at church. For Ryn and Elle, when they think of 'going to class' at church, it means a class full of young children. The song was beautiful, and I was telling Elle that on our way out to the car. She stopped me with a worried look and exclaimed, "But Mom, something happened to those kids to make them old!"

Ryn had filled several sheets of paper with pictures for each of us and I asked her if she was finished (for the night). Emphatically, she answered, "I'm NEVER going to stop drawing pictures for the people I love."

March 14--Eden said "sister"!!!

On the kitchen dance floor, Ryn explained to Elle, "Princes say, 'May I have this dance?' and girls say, 'Why of course you may!'"

March 20--Elle wanted to watch 'just one more' movie and Ryn backed me up when I turned down the request. "Elle, you'll break your chocolate eyes."

Elle had made a design with magnets on the fridge that she wanted some praise for. "Look, Mom!" I nodded and smiled, but that wasn't good enough. "Don't be happy like this (nodding and smiling). You have to be happy like this and jump up and down and say, 'Great job, Elle!'"

March 24--Elle: Mom, I'm speechless. Me: Do you know what that means? Elle: Uh-huh. Beautiful.

March 30--Ryn explaining family order to Elle. "I'm the biggest and you're the middlest."

Sitting by Elle on the couch reading a book, she looked up at me with those chocolate eyes and said, "Mom, you're beautiful."

4 comments:

Christa and Rob said...

Oh man. When did Eden get so big?? I can't wait to see you guys!

Matt said...

We miss you guys! It was so fun to be there with you, thanks again for the great week.

I like to study the science of good vacations...as a scientist, I give the Linkous family an A+. ;) hee, hee.

Love you!!

Matt said...

Sorry, that was me, like I needed to clarify. :)

Nat

mama kk said...

You forgot one of the cutest sayings....when my cousin Carol and her husband Rob joined us all for dinner, and Elle said, "When I was a little girl........"
I love y'all SOOOO much! Kisses to all--Mom/Mama KK