Sunday, January 10, 2010

My life is a musical

I have to say that I honestly didn't think it would happen. Tyler Ginn and Brandon Black--two crazy guys from my senior English and Seminary classes at Klein High School--predicted way back then that my life would be a musical. Knowing how much I loved to sing, they joked around about how my husband and I would one day sing even the most trivial of things to each other non-stop.

Turned around in their desks, this is what I would hear daily from them during first period:
[insert football player opera voices]
"Honey, please pass the butter."
"Sure thing, dahhhh--ling."

Tonight, while I left Ryn and Elle eating their dinner so I could change a sleepy Eden into her clean diaper and pj's, I realized that Tyler and Brandon's prediction had come to pass. Ryn started making up yet another song about something and then didn't stop singing as she moved right into a musical conversation with Elle:
[insert sqeaky little girl opera voices]
R: Here is a pacifier.
E: It's miiiiiine!
R: Eat your food. You've got- to -eat -your -food (Staccato). Plee-ease!
E: OK!

So, OK, I admit it. I guess I really do sing all day every day, and make up songs to fit whatever we're doing...."mess-maker, mess-maker, make me a mess"...."I love my Ryn, I love my Elle, I love my Eden oh so well, I am so glad to be their mom cause I am happy all day long!"....but doesn't every mom do that? I know my mom did--maybe this whole thing is genetic :). Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it and I'll keep right on singing my way through this life and the next.

p.s. To clear Kevin from being implicated by this post...he has never asked me to pass the butter in song and I've never heard him make up a song about pacifiers or eating or any other daily task. But I do love singing with him any chance I get.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Has Kevin ever sang for chocolate and peanuts?

Erika said...

So cute! I would have totally agreed with Tyler and Brandon. Wish I could see you and your beautiful family :)