Saturday, January 16, 2010

The color and warmth of winter

Wouldn't it be great if the cold ended when the holidays did? If spring started popping up as soon as the Christmas tree and lights were put away? I guess we wouldn't appreciate the color and warmth of spring without the cold, grayscale of winter :). But today, my girls proved to me just how much color and warmth there are to be had every day of the year.

First, Elle lit up the kitchen with her "Whistle While You Work" rendition (several octaves above the original already-higher-than-necessary version).


Then, when the 'work' was done, we decided to take a long winter's nap....(I wish :) )....I mean, walk! :) Eden snoozed the whole time in the stroller while Ryn, Elle and I enjoyed a veritable treasure hunt. We found lots of happy birds who sang to us....

the siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp and we sang to them ('we are si-am-ee-eese if you please')... a beautiful blue spruce (maybe? someone who knows plants can comment and correct me here)--whatever it was, it was beautiful :)....
...the bridge over the creek where the ducks must have flown south.......and a 'real' wishing well! Elle started singing immediately, "I'm wishing, I'm wishing, for the one I love...." Ryn couldn't believe it......so she started to wind up the handle to see if a prince really would come.... And then the winter wind helped us power little whirling bursts of color all the way home.









2 comments:

Happy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy said...

I love the pictures! And I love your new blog header. What sweet girls you have! It's funny how I feel like I know you all and won't feel like I'm meeting your family for the first time, when we do actually meet someday! Blogs are great like that.