Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally a tribute from Hollywood to our dear Mark-O

In the early 90's the malls were a safe haven for throngs of teenage girls and boys as they would beg parents to drop them off at the mall, usually with no money to buy anything but maybe the usual Orange Julius or hot dog on a stick. These same malls were and still are health clubs for hundreds of senior citizens as they cruise at blurring speeds up and down and around the malls.

In the midst of all this chaos stands one man, usually all alone, in the shadows and corners of the mall ensuring safety and order in the shopping havens of America. We the Ellis clan have the privilege and honor of knowing such a man, such a public servant.....his name.......................

MARK B ELLIS --Willowbrooks very own pride and joy!

It was a hard decision for Mark the Mall Cop whether or not to go to mall deputy school or podiatry school but after many sleepless nights he chose to fix feet and in some small way always secure employment for his fellow mall cops by making sure that the feet that will continuously beat down upon mall pavement everywhere will be in great shape!

Once again my dear beau-frere I salute you and thank you for your year of service as a highly under appreciated mall cop!

3 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

That was great, I just called up Mark to make sure he checks out your latest post.

Oh, and he was telling me last week how we have to go see this latest movie about his glory days :)

Natalie said...

That was hilarious. Matt and I just saw a commercial for that the other night, and thought of our dear Mark...serving his fellow men!

Sparky said...

Some people protect, some serve. I was blessed for two months to do both. I donned my Canadian mounty hat with pride, polished my fake silver badge so that all could read the "With Liberty and Justice for All" (I still don't know exactly how that relates to mall security), notched my freshly charged walkie-talkie on my belt, and hit the halls of commerce. To protect. And serve. And at times drive people to their car in a golf cart.