Friday, June 20, 2008

Like Mulan!


Ryn knows she's not supposed to write on anything but paper. I left her drawing with an ink pen while I changed Elle's diaper and I kept hearing her say over and over, "Like Mulan!" When I came back, the inside of her forearm and hand were covered in scribbles. My first reaction was frustration with her disobedience. But then she looked up at me with her innocent, joyful brown eyes and said again, "Like Mulan!" (remember the part where Mulan is trying to cheat her way through her matchmaker interview) How could I be mad? I could only laugh and kiss my princess, thankful for these constant moments of joy she brings to life.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You really can't get mad when they're so cute and creative!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the visit

http://ballard4.blogspot.com/

Mama KK said...

Also, it just shows her artistic talent coming out! Love, Mom