Monday, June 16, 2008

Eternity

We had the cutest experience during Family Home Evening this last week. Not because of any great or amazing lesson--we just read a story in the Friend about a little girl asking her mom about her wedding pictures, her dress and being sealed for time and all eternity in the temple. After we read the story, we showed Ryn our wedding pictures and told her that we can be together forever as a family because we were sealed in the temple when we were married. She oohed and ahhed over my "pretty white dress", how I looked like a princess and Kevin like a prince, the beautiful flowers and the temple. Then, when we were done looking at the pictures, I told her that she would one day be sealed in the temple, too. I didn't know if she had made the jump in her mind from the girl in the story, to Mommy, and then to herself in the future (she's only 2 :) , and so I waited to hear how she would respond. She thought for a minute and then just started spouting excitedly about everything that would happen to her when she was married in the temple, ending in "happily ever after"! Kevin and I just looked at each other with tears and wonder in our eyes. Here is a video where we tried to get her to repeat what she had said a few minutes before--not quite the same, but pretty close.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, she is adorable. It is so wonderful to see them thinking through all this stuff. I love how she says "skirrrt". Love you guys and can't wait to see you!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that is really really cute:) i love hearing little ones chat. congrats on another coming, yo ur mom told my mom who told me...andi read it on marks blog:)