Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life is short--even 95 years!

I just got back from California, spending time with my mom's family after the passing of my 95 year old Grandpa Lion. What a great man he is! I realize, once again, how precious every day of this life is and how fast it goes. How essential to make sure we show our love to those around us and take advantage of every single minute we have. For those family members who weren't able to be with us out there, here is the first version of Grandpa's slide show. We're scanning in all the photo albums from their house and will have more photos to add shortly (making a more complete video glimpse of his life)--lots of cute ones of him as a baby, then more of him as a father and young grandfather.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6764194758524795176


Other exciting family history developments from this weekend include locating all of Grandpa's home movie reels (dating as far back as 1940!) that we all remember him faithfully shooting at every visit and getting them to a video company that is transferring them to digital tapes! Then we'll upload them on the internet and everyone can download whichever segments they want. We also took all of the still slides in to be scanned and digitalized as well, so get ready for a family history flood on the Kloepfer side! I'm so grateful to Grandma Turtle for her amazing organizational methods with all their family photos, and to Grandpa Lion for these great movies I simply CANNOT WAIT to see! Imagine watching video of your GREAT-grandparents, and of your mother's first steps! Truly, I feel like this is the most amazing treasure hunt ever!

2 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

Wow, we can't wait to see those. Thanks for everything you do to pull it all together. I'm glad that things went well.

Anonymous said...

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Lynn. I have a lot of great memories of time spent with all of the Kloepfer family. Lynn taught me how to play Rummy and Backgammon (not only how to play but how to win:-)). We spent several Christmas/New Years together when Stan & KK were attending BYU. I remember Lynn sitting high on a rock above the Salmon River filming us all as we navigated the rapids on a river trip in 1980. I would love to see that video.