Monday, August 4, 2014

John and Co.

As our big finish to the family month of July, John and Laura brought the vacation to us!!  We didn't even have to go anywhere!  Natural pairs/groups formed with Ryn/Caitie...
Elle/Anne-Loren...
Eden/Nora/Coco ("the twins"--lots of times Eden would just call, "Hey!  Twin!") Hope/Solaine, and Brian/Darren. 11 kids under one roof!  
On Sunday, after taking up a whole huge middle pew,
we surprised Mama KK and Papa Stan at the airport with this gaggle of grand kids, Nutella cookies and a "Hoorah" shout to send them off to Africa.


During the week we took trips to the park, the Thanksgiving point museums and Farm country

....laughed and played,

...ate great (big) dinners and had game nights with Rachel and Conlon after the kids were in bed. One of my favorite parts was reading scriptures together each night before bed time. All of those little bodies sitting still and hopefully feeling the love of our Savior as we read about his atonement and resurrection. John and Laura are two of the most Christlike people I know, so I tried to soak up as much of their patience, love and goodness all week.

Brian had broken his arm the week before, so he needed surgery on Thursday to reset the bones with a screw and some nails. -yikes!-  I was so thankful we could keep the 4 big girls while John, Laura, Brian and Solaine had to spend the day at the hospital. It was really an answer to prayer for me--I'm so thankful for all our family does for us and so I pray daily to have opportunities to help them. Living far away from each other limits those opportunities, so this was a blessing (even though I'm sure Brian would have preferred it not being at his arm's expense :). 

I love big families. I love all that I learn being part of one--from each sibling, and now from their spouses and children.  I learn as I watch them, listen to them.  I learn as I love them. Truly, God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be. This IS how he shares his love and helps us learn to love as he does. 






No comments: