Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2013 funnies

Jan. 28, 2013--Eden, touting one of the unknown benefits of having a good sense of humor, "If people are funny, when rattlesnakes eat them, they don't die."  

We love Eden's Jersey accent:
OYtmeal=oatmeal
A co-us=of course

Feb. 4, 2013--Ryn, optimistic even during some sibling strife, "I love these kinds of fights!"  

Elle, affirming her independent spirit, "I'm a girl who knows what I want and it doesn't matter what anyone else wants." (We're looking forward to the teenage years :) 

Feb 16, 2013--Eden sticks up for Darren, "It's not his fault!  Babies do not have faults!"

Feb. 19, 2013--coming home from our next-door neighbor's, I tried to get Elle to hurry by challenging her to a race.  "I'm going to beat you!" I called as I started jogging.  Having just finished a pregnancy and delivered Hope a few months before, I hadn't been seen running for a while....Apparently TOO long. Elle was shocked. "I didn't know moms could run!"  

May 1, 2013--Eden, still trailing her clouds of glory, "When little kids die, they go sit on Jesus' lap."

She does have her feet firmly planted on earth, though, always ready to play and trying to find ways to be invited to friends houses.  "If we bring them cookies, maybe they'll say 'That's nice!  Can Eden have a play date?'"

May 7, 2014--a cute boy in our primary complimented my singing by saying, "you have the best voice.  It's a fact."  Ryn overheard and corrected him, "That's actually an opinion." Thanks for the clarification, Ryn :)

May 15,2013--Eden was a bit hesitant to admit to something she had done wrong.  "I can't tell you or it'll make us have a long talk."  

Putting on some cool shoes, "Don't I look like a 16 yr old when I wear these?!"  

June 13, 2013--I remarked on what a great day we were having and one of the kids asked, "is this the best of your life?" Ryn answered, "Every day is that for mom."  

June 19, 2013--Elle's comment to someone who had the hiccups, "You have the hickeys!"

July 10, 2013--I listened in on this discussion about where Las Vegas (Lost Vegas) got its name. Eden:  "cause there's lots of lost things there..."   Elle:  "it used to be a lost land."  

August 1, 2013--It is my constant struggle to get my kids to wear short-sleeves in the summer and long ones in the winter.  On this hot day, I had reminded them to put on something appropriate, but Eden came downstairs with this request, "we found a long-sleeved one.  Can we cut the sleeves off?"  

Darren melted my heart when he told me, "You yook pitty, Mommy.  Yike a pincess."

September 10, 2013--Darren loves to pretend he is the dad and Elle and Hope are his daughters.  It is so sweet to see him love and lead them. Talking to Elle, "I a Dad-dy.  You a see-har (sweetheart).  Hope a tiny see-har."  

September 27, 2013--Eden, after saying something "smart"--"You know how I knowed that?  My head told my brain!...and that told it to my smart part...wherever that is..."

October 24, 2013--Darren has us smiling all the time with the way he says words that start with "sp-". On this day, he was talking about all the animals that expactorate :). "Camals psit, Monkeys psit...."

October 25, 2013--reading in the Book of Mormon about the brother of Jared, I commented that I want to have that kind of faith.  Sweet Ryn piped up, " You already do!  You get us to church on time every Sunday!"  ( 12:30 church time really helps out with that kind of faith :)

November 14, 2013--I love hearing Ryn explain how the world works to the younger kids (especially when she's establishing her role as the big sister in charge). "Even though we have agency, everyone still has a boss!"  

December 12, 2013--we were talking about the Holy Ghost, his role in helping us know what is right, and how he can't stay with us if we aren't choosing the right.  Eden was characteristically on top of it. "If he goes away when we're bad, how can he help us do better?"  I reassured her that when we repent quickly, we get "another chance" to have him with us. Eden's next thinking question:  "How many?"  

No comments: