Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fall is just plain fun

Yes I love this season.  In every way.  I love the warmth of the colors and the briskness of the air.  I love the caramel and the apples and the candy.  (Admittedly, my kids get a little angry when their Halloween stashes diminish more quickly than expected ;). I love thinking up and making costumes for the kids with Kevin.  (Narnia theme this year....Darren is Aslan....
Eden is modeling Ryn's White Witch crown)

I love the leaves and even raking them.  
I love chilly days spent inside that end like this one: (Darren helped pick up some toys in this bucket....)
And the perfect ones where you glory in every second you can be out there in long sleeves and pants or short sleeves and a light jacket soaking up the golden light. 
 


 And the evenings just begging for a fire to roast marshmallows and hobo dinners with friends like the Lehnardts.  (In case you can't tell great photography from mediocre, most of these pics are from the Great Michelle :))
And Halloween recitals, parties and trick-or-treating....

Darren wore the clown costume Carma made for Kevin to a cousin Halloween party. 
Ryn--White Witch, Elle--Susan, Eden--Lucy, Darren--Aslan, Hope--Reepacheep and we had my sweet parents handing out candy and Kevin's trick-or-treating with us. 
And now we have Hope's birthday to add even more joy every year!  I can't believe it has really been a whole year.  What a gift she has been!  Next post:  "Hope turns 1" :)

No comments: