Friday, October 26, 2012

Don't blink!

I find myself stopping to just enjoy where I'm at a lot lately.  Whenever I get close to having a baby, along with the excitement of meeting that new little person comes some introspection--"have I soaked up every possible second of THIS phase while I've been in it?"  With these 5 children coming in 6.5 years, the "phases" have been quick.  I barely get to having just one in diapers before the next one comes and I'm back to 2.  But that makes it even more crucial for me to do my part to be in the present and appreciate it.  Have I cherished every joyful squeal and dimpled smile and intoxicating laugh from Darren now that you can't really call him a baby anymore?  Have I listened to enough of Eden's impossibly adorable imagination ramblings and etched in my heart every expressive raised eyebrow and belly giggle so that I will never ever forget them?  Have I snuggled and held Elle's tiny, perfectly dressed pixie body close on my lap and held her delicate hand every time she'll let me?  Have I encouraged Ryn in every way possible to not grow up too quickly, even though I depend on her constantly?  Have I told Kevin how lucky I feel that he chose me, and keeps on choosing me over everything else?  Do they all know how utterly amazing they are?  Have I showed them DAILY how much I love being theirs and how much pure joy they bring to my life?  I've got 5 more days left of this 4-kids phase so I'm off to keep soaking!



No comments: