Monday, August 29, 2011

Kindergarten--can this really be happening?

I woke Ryn up early this morning, after I watched her sleeping face for a few minutes wondering how this big, sweet, beautiful baby turned into this even bigger, sweeter, more beautiful girl. "It's time to wake up for your first day of school." Immediately, she smiled with her eyes still closed. We made her bed together and said a prayer and she chose her favorite outfit (thanks, Mary!) to wear.

Elle and Eden wanted to get dressed, too, so we could all go to the bus stop together. The whole time we were getting dressed and brushing hair, they all kept telling each other how much they were going to miss each other as they start this new chapter in our life. My little bubble is bursting today.

We prayed and ate breakfast and read scriptures and I will be praying all day and every day. There is a quote Kev and I found to put on t-shirts for our moms one Mother's Day that I'm really identifying with today.

“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”

Now, instead of having my heart just walking around my house, by my side, in my back yard and maybe at a friend's house for little while, my heart is walking around Draper Elementary School!

Out the front door...

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the big kids now...

Photobucket

One last sister hug before she goes....

Photobucket

Eden got a little smushed which is why she made this great face...

Photobucket

Talking with our friend, Henry, about wanting to walk home together...

Photobucket

Wide eyes watching the bus pull up to our stop...

Photobucket

Photobucket

It really is hard to see our first baby climb up those stairs on the big yellow bus. To let her go. And this is just the first of the many letting go's to come. But I look at that smile, so full of anticipation and joy, and I can't wait to see all the amazing things she will do in her life.

3 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

Oh that makes me so sad that she is growing up so fast!! I know she was so excited but I can only imagine how sad Kit is right now.

We sure miss you guys! Give the girls big hugs for us and Darren too!

Anonymous said...

I love your darling Ryn and all your little sweeties.

She looks adorable. Give them all a kiss from me. xoxo

p.s. want to come for dinner Sunday?

Natalie said...

Sweet Ryn. That is such an innocent, kind, adorable little face. I love the picture of the three girls together. Yes, it's so hard to start the letting go process. Love you.