Sunday, June 13, 2010

THREE!

Photobucket


A few days before the BIG day, we had a fairy fete for our little pixie. The best part was having so many people we love there to celebrate with us. Mark, Aup and Teairsa drove into town just in time. Elle's Nora comes from Grandma "Nora" Johnson and she had been visiting Tom and Carma for six weeks for some medical treatments. We LOVED having her here. In fact, Elle still asks every time we're going to see Grandma and Grandpa if Grandma Nora will be there, too, and cries when the answer is no :(. Tom, Carma and Ryan were there, too, as well as our good friends the Norris' and the Lehnardts. Below are pictures of everyone singing Happy Birthday and enjoying cupcakes....


Photobucket

... and making fairy herb gardens with tiny basil trees, rosemary and thyme, miniature fairy furniture, rocks, sticks and leaves. Look how sad Ben is that he didn't get to make one, too :(

Photobucket

On the actual day--May 29--we had all the family over at the Linkous' for dinner, birthday cheesecake and presents. Top right in the picture collage below, she's singing "Whistle While You Work" with her new little broom ("just my size!"), which she desperately needed because she always wants to help me. Below that picture she's giving Grandma Nora a special thankyou hug for such a perfect gift. It doesn't matter whether I'm sweeping, cooking, or cleaning toilets, Elle's right there with me, "but I want to help you!". Love it. Grandma and Grandpa Linkous gave her a play doctor set so she can practice being brave here at home before the next appointment :) (another story for Jungle Puma history). She also got a bike and a helmet so she and Ryn can get caught up in that department. It's so fun to see her tiny little body sitting up as tall and straight as she can, miniature legs pumping away, and her calling, "I'm doing it, Mom!" Joy and the Austin gang gave her the book The Little Engine that Could, with an inscription that said, "for our little can-do cousin". I thought (as usual, with my perfect gift-giving sister) it was perfect for this tiny package of determination that is Elle. I absolutely love to watch her little mind figure things out. Mark, Aup and Teairsa gave her some bubbles, a puzzle and a snuggly bunny that she takes with her everywhere. Michelle and Mary gave her a beautiful, metal, unbreakable, tea set which we really needed with Eden wanting to always be included in the tea parties now :). The Norris' came over a whole week early to give her some My Little Ponies because they thought they would have to miss the party. And Mom and Dad sent her some birthday money that she's trying to decide just what to do with....decisions, decisions :).


Photobucket

And, of course, Kevin had to get some close-ups of her in Carma's secret garden. Man, I love those brown eyes and pouty lips!

Photobucket

He even caught some semi-smiles. I really don't know why they're so elusive when we try to take pictures since she's laughing all the time in real life. Elle is our resident comedian. After every new funny face, silly dance or crazy voice, we hear, "was that funny, Mom?" And how I love to hear her giggle! She laughs herself to tears at least 10 times per day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Life is beautiful with Elle, as the little "Elle" pants we got in France say. When we were reading in the Book of Mormon a few days ago, we read how men in the last days will not believe that miracles can happen anymore. I stopped reading and said as strongly as I could, "MIRACLES HAPPEN." I told Elle and Ryn and Eden how THEY are my miracles. How thankful I am that miracles have not ceased. Happy Birthday, angel girl.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Oh my, she is just too too funny. That cute little face. She is just so "Elle". I love her sweet little personality, this world needs more girls with spunk...the good kind I mean. ;)

Love you guys!
Nat