Saturday, October 24, 2009

Batten down the hatches! Eden's on the move!

Yes, the much-anticipated crawling
milestone has arrived.

Things on the floor in any room are no longer safe from endless slobber. Even though it means more messes to clean up and more stress to make sure everything off-limits is out of reach, I absolutely LOVE seeing the joy on Eden's face now that she can go wherever she wants, whenever she wants. FREEDOM! In the 2 days since she seriously found her quatre-pattes, she has whined and cried only when she's ready to eat or sleep, instead of the recent, almost constant, I-need-a-change-of-scenery scream.




















This is one of my absolute favorite parts of motherhood. As my mom calls it--"Watching the light come on." Even though Eden learned to crawl on her own (all babies will eventually crawl, walk, talk, etc), I can't help but feel like my encouragements and teaching played a teeny tiny part. And even if they didn't, just being a witness to this miracle of life, as it grows and develops, is its own reward.

3 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

Oh I love all these pictures! Teairsa just started army crawling early last week so we've finally got to baby proof. I still can't get over how much at times I think Eden and Teairsa look alike.

Natalie said...

yay! that is such a fun/busy milestone! :) hooray for eden...and her mother of course!

Mama KK said...

Hooray for Eden! We are so proud of her, and all of you! Love, Mom