Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ryn + Elle + Eden=JOY

Today was so much fun. Can I just say that I LOVE being a mom?

I've been showing Ryn how to pump her legs on the swings so she doesn't need someone to push her. "Out and in...out and in..." She's doing great! Elle heard the words, but somehow didn't quite catch on to the movements....

The next video is of Elle following Ryn's every move--something that happens almost 24/7, but it's so obvious and heartbreakingly adorable in this clip. I remember so vividly feeling like Elle, wanting to do and be everything Joy was. Actually, it's not that far of a stretch to remember since I still feel that way :). It all goes back to that adoration little sisters are born with that I referred to in the last post, and I love seeing it in my girls. What a huge responsibility a big sister has forced on her as soon as a little sister is born. Every tiny little thing she says or does will be watched, and most likely imitated. Fortunately for me, my big sister was, and still is, worthy of emulation in every way--she got straight A's, excelled in piano, dance and everything else she tried, she served a fabulous mission, and is now a world class mother of 4 incredible boys. As I watch Ryn love and teach and encourage Elle and Eden, I know she will beautifully rise to the challenge, just like Joy.

And now, for a final 2 minutes of pure happiness, here is the video of Eden's first real laugh that went on for about 10 minutes tonight.

1 comment:

Mark and Aupreille said...

That was so cute! On the swings, I could just imagine Elle thinking "yeah, this doesn't really work..." - I was cracking up!
And how she followed restless Ryn back and forth! Even doing the hand motions. That was so cute.
Keep posting, we love seeing and reading!