Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Forks with legs?!

Here are some of this week's funny quotes from the girls:

We had a tea party lunch on the girls' little table downstairs a few days ago. The table is a little IKEA one that's no more than 2-3 feet long. The girls were on the "ends" and I was strategically between them to keep the peace, thinking that such close quarters for eating would start out fun but maybe result in some contention :). Instead, it started out fun and then Elle kept getting out of her chair and walking over (the whole 2 feet away) to stand next to Ryn saying, "I want to go see Ryn." I hope they'll always love being together that much!

On the way back up the stairs, I had the dishes in one hand and was holding on to Elle with the other. One of the forks dropped on the stairs, so I asked, "Ryn, will you get that fork for me?"

"No," she replied, very matter-of-factly, "I'm waiting for it to get some legs."
------------
Ryn also reminded me of some vital facts about dogs as we were walking to the park the other day. We passed a dog going the other direction and Elle remarked, "That doggy was at the slide." (since he was coming from that direction).

Ryn answered with a wise big sister laugh, "No, Elle, doggies don't go down slides. They push out big pee-yoo stinkies from their bum-bums and eat bones!"
------------
New vocab:
Diamond room=dining room (Ryn)
Butterfly dragon=dragon fly (Elle)
------------
One of Ryn's favorite Book of Mormon stories is when Christ visited the Nephites and blessed the children. I think she must have been reflecting on that when we were eating lunch and she started this conversation:

Ryn: "I want Jesus to come down. Jesus loves us."
Kit: "Yes, He loves all people, doesn't He?"
Ryn: "No, His love is not for people. It's just for kids."

1 comment:

Mark and Aupreille said...

I'd say Ryn will make a great Vet - she's got the basics down.
I laughed at all these posts!