Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter!

Holidays are a whole new world for me with these little girls loving every tiny bit. The best part was Ryn learning, loving and teaching over and over again the lesson she had given in FHE the Monday before about Christ's resurrection. And then there are all the other fun traditions...

Dying eggs a few days before Easter....Meeting the Easter Bunny at the neighborhood egg hunt on a very chilly Saturday morning....
The pre-hunt excitement building....


What kind of parents make their kids dress up like bunnies for the hunt?!

Pretty cute bunnies, though :)
They had a great time "finding" the eggs. In fact, they loved it so much that they came home and hid and re-found them over and over again all day long :).
Easter Sunday was beautiful--the weather was perfect, the musical program in sacrament meeting was heavenly, and the girls looked lovely. Kevin sang a solo in the program so we had to be there early for him to practice one last time. Getting everyone ready and there on time is a big enough feat for me, so getting there early was more than enough of a stretch to make any picture taking time impossible. Then, by the time we got home, the dresses were wrinkled and Elle was zonked out. Thus my sad story of why I don't have any beautiful photos of the girls in their Easter dresses to share today. But I do promise (mainly a promise for myself) that I will get the picture taken asap on another Sunday when they wear those dresses.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Kit or Kevin, don't know which one of you wrote this, you both sound so alike when you write, the girls look so cute as bunnies. I had to laugh at the little bunny tails. To cute!

Mark and Aupreille said...

I love the girls' faces in the last photo!
Sounds like great fun!

Christa and Rob said...

I'm pretty sure only the best kinds of parents dress their children up as bunnies to hunt for easter eggs....I think I even read it somewhere. :)

Scha&Andi said...

hey kevin. i saw your blog on your profile page and checked it out. way way way cute. i love it. some happy and wonderful times. yea!